- Mr Patrick Carton has been invited by the British Hip Society to share his experience in treating athletes with chronic hip and groin injuries.
- Isha Connect - Virtual Education Programme 2020 / 2021
Mr Patrick Carton, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, will co-chair the first expert led webinar session within the International Society of Hip Arthroscopy’s (ISHA) 2020/2021 virtual education programme.
- Sports Medicine Roadshow 2019 – Hip & Groin Sessions
Our recent Sports Medicine Roadshow visited 5 counties: Waterford (23rd October), Limerick (29th October), Galway (30th October), Carlow (01st November) and Cork (02nd November). Management of hip and Groin pathologies, and in particular femoroacetabular impingement (FAI), was a focused topic across all venues.
- Fortius International Sports Injury Conference
London, United Kingdom 6 – 7 November 2019
- ISHA 2019 Annual Scientific Meeting
Madrid, Spain 17 – 19 October
- Sports Medicine Roadshow - Cork
Our final event in the Sports Medicine Roadshow landed us in Cork to a packed-out room of interested delegates. With 22 different speakers at this event alone, the extent of informative dialogue and for all involved...
- Sports Medicine Roadshow - Carlow
Tonight brought us to Carlow, where the hot topic of Sports Medicine was well received by all in attendance. Another excellent night of discussion and knowledge sharing from experienced professionals in this area.
- Sports Medicine Roadshow - Galway
Into the West!
Mid-way through the Roadshow and we are bringing the discussion to Galway.
- Sports Medicine Roadshow - Limerick
Another day, another venue! Day 2 of our Roadshow found us in Limerick delivering another enjoyable evening of all things related to Sorts Medicine.
- Sports Medicine Roadshow - Waterford
Our Sports Medicine Roadshow kicked off in WIT Arena, Waterford on 23rd October 2019. We had a fantastic faculty of engaging speakers who delivered an array of interesting and informative talks on various areas...
- In a recent interview with Pat Kenny, Mr. Patrick Carton spoke about the increased
incidence of hip problems within the GAA ultimately requiring surgical intervention at an earlier age
- Hip Surgery In The GAA. The Facts and The Truth. One of the biggest risks facing
many GAA football and hurling players is progressive damage of their hip joints forcing an early end to their sports careers and developing arthritis of the hip.
- The Hip and Groin Clinic at the Whitfield Clinic Medical Centre has organised a 3rd sports injury symposium to once again bring together specialists in hip and groin sports surgery.
- Mr. Carton presents at the Annual Conference of the International Society for Hip Arthroscopy (ISHA) in Rio De Janeiro October 2014.
- Mr. Patrick Carton travelled to ‘The Steadman Clinic’, Vail, Colorado USA following an invitation to attend as a member of faculty.
- Physiotherapist Orla Dunphy MISCP presented preliminary results of 1000 consecutive labral repairs for the treatment of femoroacetabular impingement at the recent World Conference jointly held by FSEM RCSI and WFATT on September 5th.
- Dr Faustino Altuna MD recently presented on the management of Gilmore’s Groin in the presence of underling femoroacetabular impingement in competitive sportsmen at the recent World Conference jointly held by FSEM RCSI and WFATT on September 6th.
- Hip surgeon appointed to ‘Honorary Research Associate’ role at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Mr. Patrick Carton’s radio interview with Jacqui Hurley on RTE Sunday Sport talking
about the many GAA stars undergoing hip arthroscopy
Click the podcast below to listen the Interview here
- The Sun newspaper speaks to Mr. Patrick Carton about the many GAA stars undergoing surgery at his clinic
- Professional soccer player Keith Fahey making good progress following his hip surgery
- Mr Patrick Carton presented new classification of abnormalities of the hip at the International Society of Hip Arthroscopy in Munich, Germany. Click link to see abstract
- Mr Patrick Carton, Orthopaedic Surgeon, and Orla Dunphy MISCP, won 1st prize at the Faculty of Sport and Exercise Medicine’s 10th Annual Scientific Conference at the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin on Saturday 20th Sept. They presented their findings on ‘Bony Morphology and Clinical Outcomes following the Arthroscopic Management of Femoro-Acetabular Impingement’.
- Orla Dunphy MISCP, Clinical Practitioner, presents 1 and 2 year surgical results from the Hip and Groin Clinic, at the Irish Orthopaedic Association conference in Galway, June 2013.
- Republic of Ireland, international, soccer player Keith Fahey pays tribute to surgeon Mr. Patrick Carton following keyhole surgery to his hip.
- Mr. Patrick Carton writes a professional development article on ‘Femoro-acetabular Impingement’ for the Medical Independent.
- Sunday Independent observes Mr. Carton performing surgery on Clare Inter-county hurler.
- Patrick Carton speaks to leading Irish radio broadcaster Newstalk about the rapid rise in injuries to young players.
- Last month clinical practitioner, Orlagh O’Shea presented two areas of our recent research at the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists Annual Conference.
- Mr. Carton talks to leading Irish medical newspaper, The Medical Independent about his new technique for labral repair.
- Mr Pat Carton presented two areas of his recent research at the RCSI Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine on the 21st and 22nd of September:
- The 2nd International Hip and Groin Sports Injury Symposium Whitfield Clinic June 23rd 2012.
- Mr. Pat Carton visits the ‘Hospital for Special Surgery’ and attends for surgery with Dr. Anil Ranawat in New York City on 22 February 2012.
- Mr. Pat Carton attends for surgery with Dr. Srino Bharam at Lennox Hill Hospital, New York City on the 23rd February 2012.